Friday, June 18, 2010

The Rich Man and Lazarus

h/t to Crooks and Liars for this...

I am stunned. Absolutely stunned.
I know Rush is a political hack who like to use inflamatory language to divide...

Listen to this. Rush, in his own words, expressing his concern for hungry children in our country.

I don't know about you, but listening to this made me sick. To suggest to hungry kids, "just go home and open the fridge." How cruel. Because those kids know, as do their parents, that there isn't anything there.

And when Rush tells his audience, parents won't let their kids starve... Not if they have means Rush. I could be wrong here... didn't Rush support raising the minimum wage? NOPE.

I know Rush make a lot of money. And I suppose one can get to the point where we just don't believe people could be hungry while we're so fat and stupid.

The reality is, across the nation, poverty is up, demand on food banks is up, donations to food banks are down. And sadly, hunger, in our country is up.

In 2008, 49.1 million Americans lived in food insecure households, 32.4 million adults and 16.7 million children.

Here, you can go take a hunger quiz. Let's see if you know more than Rush.

(btw - the title was taken from here)

No comments: